I’ve heard that the service reps you use don’t have an accounting designation. What makes them qualified to do tax work and how do I know they do it right?

« Back to Previous Page
Marked as spam
Posted by anonymous (Questions: 1, Answers: 0)
Asked on February 23, 2015 1:58 pm
Private answer

FBC provides extensive training to all their tax specialists and encourages ongoing professional development. The FBC certification program guides staff through all facets of taxation and bookkeeping.

Level one of the certification program begins with basic income tax concepts. At level seven, employees will be proficient in advanced tax planning with regard to most aspects of personal and corporate income tax and will have participated in over 1140 hours of classroom training over a 4 year period. That’s 10% more than a degree program. In addition, all tax returns are reviewed by a quality assurance team as a final check. Note that in Canada, you don’t need an accounting designation to provide tax services.

FBC has a service guarantee that includes Audit Protection: ”If you’re ever audited, as a Member with FBC we’ll represent you, at no extra cost.”

FBC has been in business for over 60 years and is recognized as an accredited business by the Better Business Bureau in all locations they operate.

Marked as spam
Posted by Jason Clements (Questions: 0, Answers: 1)
Answered on February 23, 2015 2:03 pm